McDermott Cue of the Year 2023 H3052 Pool Cue
- 1.50 LBS
- Free Shipping
- Black urethane forearm
- Birdseye maple & black urethane handle/sleeve
- Silver & index rings
- 16 cocobolo, Mother of Pearl, pewter, white urethane & black urethane points
- 8 sets of intricate cocobolo, Mother of Pearl, pewter, maple, white urethane & black urethane handle/sleeve rotational rings & inlays
- McDermott Quick Release joint
- i-Pro Slim high-performance shaft with 8 matching inlaid points
- VBP adjustable weight system
The McDermott Cue of the Year series raises the bar of excellence in custom pool cues. These cues feature the rarest materials from around the world that are combined with exotic woods. Legendary cues inspired by a Cue-making legend.
i-PRO & i-PRO SLIM HIGH-PERFORMANCE SHAFTS
Octadic Laminated Shaft Construction
The i-Pro and i-Pro Slim feature eight spliced pieces of premium maple that are bonded together to form our most radial consistent wooden shafts yet. This construction method drastically reduces the performance inconsistencies caused by natural wood grain and maximizes energy transfer from the shaft into the cue ball at impact.
WHAT IT DOES
- Stabilizes the entire shaft for absolute control & predictability
- Generates more spin while hitting closer to center cue ball
- Increased accuracy at low & high speeds
Navigator Alpha Pro Tip
Within the Navigator tip line, Alpha Pro falls in the midrange for hardness and was created through a proprietary process of adjusting the leather fiber firmness in each layer. The higher compression of the leather will maximize grip force (contact time on the cue ball), which increases cue ball spin when English is applied.
Tenon Tip TechnologyThis patented technology increases the "sweet spot" of the shaft by transferring energy from the tip directly into the carbon fiber core. This results in a more solid hit that maximizes the accuracy of your shot.
Triple-Layer Carbon Fiber CoreThe i-Pro’s Triple-Layer Carbon Fiber Core extends the full-length of the shaft (from ferrule to joint), stabilizing the entire shaft for absolute control and predictability.
WHAT IT DOES
- Increases radial consistency
- Reduces vibration and virtually eliminates the inconsistencies found in a traditional maple shaft
- Provides a straighter cue ball path, minimizing the need to compensate for cue ball squirt
Radial consistency is the shaft's ability to reproduce the same results, regardless of its orientation. This means the shaft will perform more predictably from shot to shot. The i-Pro and i-Pro Slim's Octadic Laminated Shaft Construction, combined with their Triple-Layer Carbon Fiber Core, makes them the most radial consistent wooden shafts we've ever made.
Introduced in 2019, our H-Series is the first line of cues ever to feature the fully-adjustable Variable Balance Point (VBP) weight system. This breakthrough is made possible by our patented new technology that combines a full-length carbon fiber core with a rail on which the weights can be repositioned forward or backward inside the cue. No other cue allows you to have this much control over both the weight and balance.
The H3051 & H3052 have a shared edition size of 100
These cues are handmade to order especially for you and can take 8-12 Weeks